Monday, July 16, 2007

Welcome to the lies Woolworths tells you

I’ve started this blog with the aim of letting people know what’s going on inside their shopping trolley.

So you know that Woolworths are stocking up their shelves with their own "Select" brand.

About two months ago I found out that Woolworths have been using a supplier for their paper (tissues, toilet paper etc) that sources the paper pulp by logging old growth forests in Asia.

I've never really been much of a greenie, but what pisses me off is that Woolworths package the stuff with all of these claims of "environmental sustainability". Have a look at their labeling. It's a total lie. Woolworths' supplier, a company called APP (Asia Pulp & Paper) have a whole history of crooked dealings, and an absolutely atrocious environmental record.

I've sourced some info on this company, and will post it up in the next few days.

No comments: